The EPSRC UK Image-Guided Therapies Network+ launched on Friday 24 June 2016, with an event hosted by University College London.
Attended by researchers, clinicians and industry partners from across the UK, the launch event laid out the vision for the network and introduced members to the leads of the four key themes for IGT Network+.
The launch event was the first in a planned series of tri-annual workshops, which will be hosted at partner institutions across the UK. Promoting information exchange and collaboration is a core aim of IGT Network+, supported by these regular networking events.
Launch speakers and presentations:
- Sebastien Ourselin, IGT Network+ Director
- Annette Bramley, EPSRC Healthcare Technologies Lead
- Zeike Taylor (University of Sheffield), theme lead for Theme 1: Intervention planning and real-time computational update
- Marcel van Herk (University of Manchester), theme lead for Theme 2: Focused energy delivery and motion compensation
- Dan Elson (Imperial College London), theme lead for Theme 3: Interventional imaging, sensing and contrast agents
- Dan Stoyanov (University College London), theme lead for Theme 4: Clinical workflow, skills assessment and simulation
- David Tuch, Founder and CEO of Lightpoint Medical
- Reza Razavi, Consultant Cardiologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital
Copies of the application calls distributed at the launch can be downloaded here:
- Mobility call (deadline 29 August, results 1 October)
- Proof-of-Concept call (deadline 29 August, results 1 October)
Details of the next event will be circulated via the network mailing list.