Call for abstracts for IGT Network+ Early Career Researcher workshop
The IGT Network+ is organising its first Early Career Researcher (ECR) Workshop at King’s College London on 28 June 2018. The workshop will showcase state of the art Image Guided Therapy research being conducted around the UK.
We are preparing an exciting programme of talks from:
- industry leaders discussing the challenges and successes of selling new technologies and systems within the healthcare sector
- an academic leader whose research has recently been translated into the clinic
- a journal editor who will give advice on writing academic papers
- UK funding bodies that will give an insight into the future of the funding landscape
But most importantly, we are offering ECRs the opportunity to present their latest research to the IGT academic community and highlight how it might impact future clinical practice.
Abstracts for oral presentations are now being welcomed for submission.
Delegates are requested to submit abstracts via email by Friday 18 May 2018 to the Network+ coordinator, Dr Rahima Begum, email@example.com.
To be considered, abstracts must fall into one of the four themes of the Network+:
- Theme 1: Intervention planning and real-time computational update
- Theme 2: Focused energy delivery and motion compensation
- Theme 3: Interventional imaging, sensing and contrast agents
- Theme 4: Clinical workflow, skills assessment and simulation
Submissions on methodology are also encouraged.
Late submissions will not be considered. Receipt of your abstract submission will be confirmed via email. Please state clearly in your email whether you are a PhD student or early career post-doc.
Selected abstracts will be notified via email by Friday 25 May 2018.
When submitting please:
- Submit in Microsoft Word format (.docx).
- Use Arial 12 pt. font and double-spaced lines.
- Ensure the abstract is under the 300-word limit (excluding title, authors/affiliations, figure/table captions and references).
- Ensure all listed authors have reviewed the final abstract before submitting.
- Use ‘EPSRC IGT KCL Meeting Abstract submission’ in the subject line.